Goals

Hi everyone, & welcome back! It's been a really busy few weeks on the training front with lots going on; Mostly cycling wise & there's a few posts to come about all that so I won't touch on it this time...

So, i've started to get back into my running - just a few miles at a time for now but fingers crossed the 'running fitness' will come back reasonably quickly and i'll be back into the swing of it by the summer (Although I could barely walk for 2 days after my first 4 miler! :S )!

It seems like i've hit a bit of a plateau weight wise; It came off really quickly in the first 8-10 weeks but i'm now hovering around the 85-86Kg mark no matter how many miles I do on the bike each week or how much running I do; Although if i'm honest I don't mind - i'm in good shape, i'm getting quicker on the bike & i'm still eating and drinking whatever I want so if I really wanted to I reckon I could lose the few extra lbs around my belly no problem with a week or two of 'calorie control'!

The only thing which has been getting to me lately is the whole; 'What's the point' issue... So, to that end - i've decided that the only way forward is to give myself a reason to train and set some goals. 

I've entered my first 'race', the Goring 10km on the 3rd March - i'm just going to enjoy it and get a time so that I can try to beat it at another 10km in the summer, hopefully under 50mins! I can't wait (although the running isn't going too well so far!) and there's a few friends doing it too so hopefully that'll provide a little morale, at least at the start line! I'm also hunting for road cycling races to start competing in, once my Cat 4 Licence comes through so if anyone has any suggestions for decent races for a noob racer around Oxfordshire then drop me a line and let me know! :)

I think that's pretty much everything up to date for now so until next time, train safe & catch you soon,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment