Saddle Sores and Sudocrem...

Happy New Year everyone, and welcome back to the blog! Well, with Birthday, Christmas and New Year's celebrations now behind us I guess it's time to get serious about this training! :) I've hit it pretty hard since having a couple of days off over Christmas... LOTS of training miles, a few Insanity training sessions and lots of time spent working on upcoming videos for both the Fitness Channel and the Williams and Grey Creative blog... Unfortunately, pretty much everything is 'Work in Progress' at the moment and there's a whole heap of content which is 90% completed and needs the final few bits doing before it can see the light of day; It's pretty exciting though all told, kinda knowing what's to come! ;)


With regards to my fitness/weight loss, my weight has remained the same over the festive period, which I have to say i'm more than happy with! Looks like putting the effort in with the training has meant that despite the over indulgence of the last two weeks, I haven't put any on... 13Kgs lost so far and ever so slowly creeping toward my optimum power/weight ratio! :) Feeling really motivated at the moment and hope it continues; Speaking of which, I have started to sign up to and look for events to do over the coming months, mostly to provide me with a goal to train for. So far, I have signed up for a track cycling day at the Newport Velodrome, South Wales, at the end of February and am looking at some early season 'Sportives' to take part in, can't wait to get amongst it! If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

Talking of cycling... This week has been a bit of a killer; I've signed up to the 'Strava Base Mile Challenge' and am trying to see how many miles I can ride in January to help set me up for the season. 3 days and just over 100 miles in, it all seemed to be going well - until I decided to do a 50 miler the other day! Made a bit of an error with clothing (don't be tempted to wear underwear under your bib tights thinking it'll give you 'more protection') and didn't realise until later in the day that I had given myself some pretty savage 'saddle sores'... Since then, it's been a case of trying to do gentle mileage on the Turbo Trainer so there's no vibration from the road and lathering the Sudocrem on at every opportunity. A bit gutted about it to be honest; It was all going so well and I had been invited to go for a Club Ride with Zappis' CC in Oxford today, which I couldn't go to for fear of making my injury worse (that and I had to go pay the deposit for the Wedding - Nat's cool with my life revolving around training but I don't think i'd have gotten away with us missing the venue for the sake of a club ride! :) ). Hey ho, there's always next week and I guess it's better to take a couple of 'easy days' now than have to be off the bike for a couple of weeks if it's not allowed to heal!

As I mentioned earlier, i've been working pretty hard on review videos and ideas over the last few days so please feel free to subscribe to the vLog (http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=signaturephotog) to get updates as and when they get added... If you have any ideas for exercise or cycling related videos that you would like to see, then drop me a line & i'll see what I can do!

In the meantime, here is the latest update the the Training/Weight Loss vLog.



Until next time, i'm off to put some cream on these saddle sores, do some miles on the Turbo and then put my feet up to recover! ;)

Train well,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment