Tanita BC-543 Innerscan Body Composition Monitor Review

Hi everyone and welcome back to the blog, just a quick post before I get today's training done & set about getting this weeks results video filmed.

So, today my long awaited (well, 4 days over Christmas!) Tanita BC-543 Body Composition Monitor arrived! I'm really looking forward to putting it to good use; Helping me track and record my progress as I get fitter and look towards competing next year. I know it's something a lot of you may be interested in so I have made a short video to show the unboxing, setup and first use of it.


I hope the video is helpful & if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to pop them below & i'll do my best to answer them for you.




Just to let you know, since making the video I've read the manual (typical Man eh - reading it after i've had a go?!) and with the amount of exercise i'm doing and my resting Heart Rate now around 45, i've changed the setting to 'Male, Athlete'; Since doing that (and making sure i'm not touching any of the filming equipment whilst being measured... Oops! :D ), the Body Fat % is right smack bang where I would have expected it to be after a few weeks of over indulgence in the run up to and over Christmas; around 12% rather than the 20% in the video when I was holding the microphone etc, so I guess they must be pretty accurate!

I'm off now to make a very geeky spreadsheet to track all this lovely new 'data' i'm going to get!

Take care and train well,

Matt

1 comment: