23rd December 2012 - WLB & Training Update

Hey everyone, it's been a while since the last video went up onto the Weight Loss & Training blog (WLB) and for that, I can only apologise... It's been quite a busy few weeks since I posted the last update, I finished work for the year (and have got an extra week off in January, boom!) but was immediately struck down with flu the day after. I spent pretty much the following week in bed & am just starting to fully recover... That put paid to any hopes of smashing straight into serious training unfortunately although I did utilise the time to best effect and managed to get this blog up and running and tie up a few other loose ends! I'm getting there now though and have tried my best to make up for my losses in the last week; been smashing the Turbo Trainer hard & putting in as many miles as I can muster (When i've not been falling off it - see blog post below; 'Turbo Trainer Danger...!')!

I'm really looking forward to heading home this evening to spend a couple of days over Christmas with the family at my Parents' house... It's always good to catch up with everyone - once the dreaded Christmas traffic has been beaten! A few days off training will do me good i'm sure & copious amounts of Cheese, Port & Quality Street/Chocolate Oranges never hurt anyone eh?! :)

Anyway, as long as I can avoid further illness then it's into serious training mode as of Boxing Day... My aim is to do a minimum of Insanity in the morning and 1 hour on the Turbo in the Evening every day from here on in; More if I can manage it! I'm really looking forward to hitting it hard and not being embarrassed taking my shirt off on the Honeymoon next August. Oh... And being able to race on the bike too! :) I'm also going to finally get round to trying 'intermittent fasting', eating a more healthy diet and taking a few supplements as and when required. I'll document it all and as soon as the videos are done they will be up on the YouTube channel; be sure to check it regularly for updates!

In the meantime, here is the latest WLB update video;



Have a great Christmas everyone, travel safely and enjoy the mince pies & mulled wine... The diet can always start after Christmas! :)

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment